1. What is a Search Services ?
Search Service is an enquiry service that allows public to ascertain and obtain the bankruptcy status of individuals and also the liquidation status of companies that have been wound up by the court. A null result is considered as a valid Search Result. The Department of Insolvency Malaysia provides three (3) methods of Search Service as below:-
2. Who are eligible to make the search?
The search enquiry can be made by any individuals, legal firms, financial institutions etc.
3. Are online search results without DGI's signature valid ?
Yes, the online (e-Insolvency) search results are official document and thus, valid
4. What should I do if I wrongly key in the information and the transaction appears successful ?
Upon successful transaction, you will still be able to see the 'Search Result' page but with wrong result. In order to get a new search, you have to make another fresh search enquiry with payment.
5. Does online search provide receipt as proof of payment?
A receipt will be generated upon successful payment. Details of the e-filing transactions (e.g. e-transaction no., fee payable, payment mode, date and time of transaction) will be dispalyed on the receipt. You are advised to print out the Official Receipt or take note of the Receipt Number as proof of successful payment transaction.
6. Upon my successful payment, will I obtain the search result immediately ?
Upon successful payment, you will see the 'Search Result' page. This page will indicate that your transaction has completed successfully. The page will also display key information about the transaction. Print out the page as proof of successful transaction.
7. What should I do if my payment failed in the midst of transaction?
8. How do I report a problem or send my feedback ?