Upon receiving the bankruptcy order and throughout the bankruptcy period, a bankrupt shall give full cooperation with the DGI in the administration of his bankruptcy. The bankrupt must provide information on his assets, liabilities, financial transactions and other relevant matters.
Bankrupt's responsibilities include –
1. be present at MdI’s office as soon as possible upon receiving the Bankruptcy Order and any other order or notice from the DGI;
2. handing over all assets’ information to the DGI;
3. submitting a completed Statement of Affairs;
4. submitting an Income and Expenditure Statements every six (6) months;
5. attending all meetings of creditors;
6. making contribution/payments towards bankruptcy estate from 10% out of personal income;
7. refrain from obtaining further credit of RM1,000.00 or more from any person without informing that person his status as a bankrupt;
8. not making payment directly to the creditors;
9. informing the DGI immediately of all changes of name, address, telephone number, income, property and other relevant information; and
10. responding to the DGI's inquiries within a stipulated time.